Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Just another scam

Sad to say, but after another full day of online research - research I should have done BEFORE I joined Web Colleagues - I've discovered that Web Colleagues is NOT about online data entry, but all about promoting affiliate products in clickbank.com via paid ads on Google. This is not “data entry” and you’ll find it explained on sites like this: http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/14_1382_0.html & http://www.workathomespace.com/article219.html

"1.You sign up for an affiliate site like Clickbank, which gives you the ability to promote hundreds of products and receive a commission check for the sales you generate.

2.You write ads for these products, and place these ads on the Google or Yahoo network. Who pays to have these ads placed? You do.

3.If people click your ads and make purchases, you get paid your commissions.

The key to making money then, is to spend less on advertising than what you make in commissions. If you can't do this, you will lose money..."

These are the words of jacky4, not mine but I thank him or her in advance for letting me spread the message.

Web Colleagues isn’t exactly a scam, but their website is far from truthful. Apparently you really can make money using their program, you just have to convince people, through blogs like this one and paid ads on Google, that they should try whatever it is you’re selling for any of the companies that Web Colleagues lists.

By the way, the review site http://www.consumer-rated.com that I relied on to steer me in the direction of Web Colleagues and other data entry sites? Turns out it’s owned by Gary Endres, the same guy who owns my-data-team.com & globaldatantry.com. I found this online: http://www.scam.com/showpost.php?p=255182&postcount=1 - it all comes back to buyer beware.

So now I’m disheartened after thinking I could really make enough money from work at home so that I didn’t have to get back into the sinking ship race. I’m not giving up all hope yet though – I’ve also spent a good part of today researching Laura Kauth’s site http://www.online-data-entry-jobs.com/ & I have yet to come across anything negative about her or her business (outside of the atrocious spelling & grammar, very surprising on a site that promotes accuracy in typing as a plus!).

First things first, I’m going to ask for my money back from Web Colleagues. As far as I’m concerned, they kept the most important details of the work involved distorted until after I paid my money – and that counts as lying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home